Tuesday, June 1, 2010

With utter frustration...

My mother used to go back to Colorado every year for the month of July to see her brother and his family. Since she has passed, I have been trying to keep up the tradition and go for a week.

I was pretty excited because although I have made the 14+ hour drive on several occasions, this will be the first time I am taking the T@B. I have planned a two week trip so that I can do a little sightseeing with my son.

We plan on stopping at Mesa Verde to see the cliff dwellings. I saw them when I was 10ish, and remember it fondly. Now, my son, being 2, will probably NOT remember it, but I think he will have fun none-the-less. And for the occasions that he gets tired, I am bringing the toddler carrier (thank goodness for those lost 60 lbs!). We are also going to ride the Durango/Silverton railroad, which I know he will love. Off to Ouray for a week. Then my last leg of the trip we were/are going to stop in Moab, Utah.

First of all, there is hardly ANYTHING I cam do with my son. Can't take him on a balloon ride, even in the carrier. Can't take him on a plane ride because the man who owns the plane doesn't want my child disturbing others (what an asshole, pardon my language). Most of the boat won't let me take my son because of one stupid reason or another. My son has been on a plane, and fell asleep the entire time. He has been on a boat and didn't mind the life vest being put on, nor did he try to jump over. It is just so damn frustrating.

Until I called a place called Tag-a-Long Expeditions. Bless them. Not only did the lady I spoke with offer to dog sit for me (I will pay her nicely), They also have planned a nice day for my son and I- We are going to go through the river in the Canyonland Nation Park for half the day, and then take a 4x4 adventure through Arches national park for the rest of the day. I am pretty excited about it. I think my son will have a great time, and I hope to get some outstanding pictures.

Now, I can't wait till the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment