Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Peanut and the Shell...

Posting number 1.
I recently decided to purchase a T@B trailer. It was a little bit of an impulse purchase. I wanted something that I could go to Oklahoma in. I looked into renting an RV, and that was WAYYYY expensive for a two week trip. I thought about just driving and stopping to rent hotel rooms every now and then, but then I would be limited in terms of where I could stop and what I could do, not to mention the cost of gas and hotel rooms could easily be the same as renting and RV. So as I was looking, I came across the T@B trailer. I researched and decided this was the direction I needed to go.

A few weeks later a lovely little T@B was parked in my driveway. I also have a son (my peanut) and I know that camping is an experience that very few actually get, but I think is valuable in growth and development. Hence I came up with the name for my T@B- the peanut shell, and the name for this blog- the peanut is my son, and the shell is my T@B.


We went on our first excursion Mother's Day weekend- May 7-9th. We journeyed to Santa Margarita. We also went and explored Morrow Bay. I took my son out for his first boat ride (with out dog). We both enjoyed ourselves. We stayed at a KOA that was a little off the beaten path, but peaceful and beautiful. For my first experience in the T@B, it was lovely. Although the T@B is small, with the add-a-room, it perfectly suited our needs. A small kitchen and a large bed. We had room for a few chairs, a dog bed, and a few toys. I even have a portable cooler/fridge that kept all our food nice and cool.








I have already modified a few things in the T@B- I changed out the upholstery and added a spare tire mount. I am also adding a few storage solutions. I am also debating on buying a camping oven/stove. I like camping, but I also like comfort. The T@B is perfect for us!

I have now decided that I want to visit all the historic places in CA. There are over 1100. I am going to try to do it in a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment